Skip to main content

Israel & Italy

Israel
When we left Jerusalem, we rented a car and headed west (towards the West Bank to be exact).  This part of our 17 day trip was probably my favorite.  There was more nature, activities, and relaxation.  


Tyler Jerrell and I hiking in the desert of Israel

with Alyssa Jerrell at En Gedi Falls
At 4:00am, we hiked to the top of Masada at to watch the sun rise over the Dead Sea.  
The top of Masada is where the siege by the Roman Empire ended in the mass suicide
 of the 960 Jewish rebels on top of the mountain


Although Israel wasn't on my bucket list, it did allow for a chance to cross a few things off and made for some great memories.

RIDE A CAMEL
I think I have my favorite Disney movie, Aladdin, to thank for wanting to put this on my bucket list since I was 5.



SWIM IN THE DEAD SEA
Ever since I learned in history class that you could float effortlessly...

with Alyssa Jerrell

Mud Bath before a swim! Made our skin SO SOFT!

ITALY
I have always wanted to go to Italy!! It's such a diverse country with so much to offer we could have spent our entire vacation just in this country! All we were able to see was ROME....which of course, if you know me by now, my toes are wet but I want all in when it comes to this country! A serious dent in the bucket list (ha, like that could ever happen!)

  VISIT THE COLOSSEUM


MAKE A WISH IN THE TREVI FOUNTAIN
(To ensure a return to Rome)....

SEE THE VATICAN and SISTINE CHAPEL

 WALK THE SPANISH STEPS
We did even better, we enjoyed a great bottle of wine on the Spanish Steps


EAT PASTA IN ITALY
This goes without saying, it's like fresh sushi in Japan, bratwurst in Germany, or even crab cakes in Maryland.... Eating the food that place is known for.  We waited for our last night of vacation for a nice dinner.  We ordered carpaccio (thanks to working 3 years at an Italian restaurant I knew what this was),  prosciutto wrapped melon, and I ordered Fettuccine Bolognese (I like simple, no surprises when it comes to ordering).  I have never in my life had homemade pasta before; it was life-changing.  I was also craving two things which they didn't serve: a caesar salad (apparently created in California) & creme brulee, which my sister informed me is "obviously French."  Shows what I learned working at an Italian restaurant!!!

Words cannot express the experience we all shared together as brothers & sisters.  I am beyond thankful and blessed for this opportunity.  We will always laugh and reminisce on the memories we made together.  Thank you Mom & Dad, it truly was the best gift I have ever received.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Kiss in the Bahamas

Swim with Dolphins      Rule #1 of Life: Take advantage of the opportunity.  I love to scuba dive, the only problem is I don't have a dive buddy.  I have had several opportunities to dive and have chosen not to simply because nobody I was with was certified.  What a lame excuse! I got my certification when I was 16 and have only been on 3 dives! I finally decided I needed to take advantage of my opportunity while on vacation in the Bahamas.        I originally signed up to go on the "Shark Feeding Frenzy" dive (a month in advance before our trip!) I was so excited/pumped/exhilarated and if you know anything about me you know that sharks are my favorite animal & I have wanted to get up close and personal with them ever since I can remember.  Turns out the night before the dive I was the only person signed up for the dive and they needed at least 4 people to take the boat out.  I was SUPER bumm...

Livin on Dreams & Spaghettios in Napa Valley

Drink Wine in Napa Valley Let's face it, I am a huge wino.  I love a spicy/dry/bold/oaky red wine, so naturally I tend to like Cabernet Savignon the best and when I got the chance to go to "The Cabernet Capital of the World" with a group of friends I couldn't pass the opportunity up.  We cancelled our  anniversary plans for a cruise and booked our tickets to CA instead!!  First stop was San Francisco-I absolutely love "big city life" & I even enjoyed the touristy stuff because I hadn't been to San Fran since I was younger.  I have heard several people say that San Francisco is their favorite city...mine still stands with NYC.  New York is just so unique in my opinion & offers something for everyone on any given day. San Fran definitely has the most spectacular views nestled between the ocean and the rocky coast; however it's not "fast-paced" and just way too liberal, even for this girl.  With Kenny Wa...

Embracing My Inner Southern Belle in Kentucky

When I first moved to "The South" I remember thinking how phony everything was and feeling very out of place.  Southern culture seemed overwhelming and ridiculous.  Everywhere I turned there was a church,  an overly friendly female in a floral printed dress, and people saying "Bless your heart." I soon discovered that there was nothing "phony" or "ridiculous" about this different way of life.  I realized people in The South were actually genuine; down to their hospitality, faith, and their love for family and small towns. Over the past 15 years, I have come to fall in love with The South and everything it has to offer... Sweat Tea Front Porches The Weather Authentic Faith Pig Pickins, Fried &Comfort Food Slower Pace of Life Country Music & Country Accents Manners and Opened Doors Bow Ties and Seer Sucker Suits Ranch on Everything Monograms and Pearls College Football I could go on!! Seriously, what's not to...