Skip to main content

8 Stadiums Down, 22 to Go!

See a game at Yankee Stadium
On our agenda this year is to visit family & friends that live in other cities that we don't get to see as often as we would like.  If you have friends or family members that live in different cities, states, countries that you want to visit- take advantage of the opportunity!  You can knock two birds out with one stone, and also save big bucks if you don't have to pay for a place to stay.  Folks (usually) love and welcome visitors and they also know what things to do and what to recommend to make your stay more enjoyable.  
We were off to visit our friends who live in New York City! Considering Kenny and I want to attend a game in all the MLB stadiums,  we obviously planned our travel dates around the Yankees' schedule. 
Our first time at Yankee Stadium! 6.5.15
New York Yankees vs. Los Angeles Angels
Our 3rd MLB game together! She's such a trooper (with Lyndsey Crooke)
Beautiful day for a game!!

Mike and Lyndsey are our best friends from college that moved to NYC about two years ago.  As this was the first time we had seen each other in awhile, there wasn't a whole lot of actual game-watching going on! The hot dogs were delicious, the beers were cold and we were all smiles as we caught up on each other's lives.

Lyndsey and I are very different, but one thing we both love and can agree on is a detailed itinerary! We wanted to get the most out of our 3 days spent in NYC and The Crookes were essential in helping to plan our itinerary; jam-packed with fun activities and plenty of relaxation.  It was the perfect blend.
We loved this walking tour through Manhattan, it was a great way to get introduced to the history of the city and be immersed in the culture that is unique to each neighborhood.  It was crazy to think that this thriving city used to be farmland! Highly recommend this tour, it is the #1 tour on TripAdvisor.<http://realnewyorktours.com/>
 Our favorite thing that we did on our itinerary was rent Citi Bikes.  It was a convenient, efficient and fun way to see the city! 
with Kenny Walters in Central Park
The Crookes live in "The Upper West Side" of Manhattan, walking distance from Central Park.  I love and can appreciate so many things about this city; the energy you feel from the "hustle & bustle" of the city, the smell of trash, the unique people, the charm of each neighborhood.  I've been to New York a dozen times, but have never been able to experience it "though the eyes of a local." Their neighborhood was quiet, yet full of character and we loved seeing their routes to work, local coffee shop, etc.  
 A great ab-workout at The Comedy Cellar 
 No trip to NYC is complete without pizza & bagels
 Beautiful view from Brooklyn
with Michael Crooke, Lyndsey Crooke and Kenny Walters
One of the most bittersweet feelings in the world is catching up with old friends and being a military brat, I have the feeling often.  It's a strange feeling that's hard to describe.  It's discouraging when I realize we aren't in each other's everyday lives anymore but I find comfort as we reminisce on old times.  One moment it seems like so much has changed, and the next moment like nothing has changed at all.  I can appreciate both sides as I realize we have all grown up but we haven't grown apart.
Mike & Lynds, We are so thankful for your hospitality, your friendship, and the memories we made.  We can't wait to see you again! Missing you and this beautiful city already...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Kiss in the Bahamas

Swim with Dolphins      Rule #1 of Life: Take advantage of the opportunity.  I love to scuba dive, the only problem is I don't have a dive buddy.  I have had several opportunities to dive and have chosen not to simply because nobody I was with was certified.  What a lame excuse! I got my certification when I was 16 and have only been on 3 dives! I finally decided I needed to take advantage of my opportunity while on vacation in the Bahamas.        I originally signed up to go on the "Shark Feeding Frenzy" dive (a month in advance before our trip!) I was so excited/pumped/exhilarated and if you know anything about me you know that sharks are my favorite animal & I have wanted to get up close and personal with them ever since I can remember.  Turns out the night before the dive I was the only person signed up for the dive and they needed at least 4 people to take the boat out.  I was SUPER bumm...

Livin on Dreams & Spaghettios in Napa Valley

Drink Wine in Napa Valley Let's face it, I am a huge wino.  I love a spicy/dry/bold/oaky red wine, so naturally I tend to like Cabernet Savignon the best and when I got the chance to go to "The Cabernet Capital of the World" with a group of friends I couldn't pass the opportunity up.  We cancelled our  anniversary plans for a cruise and booked our tickets to CA instead!!  First stop was San Francisco-I absolutely love "big city life" & I even enjoyed the touristy stuff because I hadn't been to San Fran since I was younger.  I have heard several people say that San Francisco is their favorite city...mine still stands with NYC.  New York is just so unique in my opinion & offers something for everyone on any given day. San Fran definitely has the most spectacular views nestled between the ocean and the rocky coast; however it's not "fast-paced" and just way too liberal, even for this girl.  With Kenny Wa...

Embracing My Inner Southern Belle in Kentucky

When I first moved to "The South" I remember thinking how phony everything was and feeling very out of place.  Southern culture seemed overwhelming and ridiculous.  Everywhere I turned there was a church,  an overly friendly female in a floral printed dress, and people saying "Bless your heart." I soon discovered that there was nothing "phony" or "ridiculous" about this different way of life.  I realized people in The South were actually genuine; down to their hospitality, faith, and their love for family and small towns. Over the past 15 years, I have come to fall in love with The South and everything it has to offer... Sweat Tea Front Porches The Weather Authentic Faith Pig Pickins, Fried &Comfort Food Slower Pace of Life Country Music & Country Accents Manners and Opened Doors Bow Ties and Seer Sucker Suits Ranch on Everything Monograms and Pearls College Football I could go on!! Seriously, what's not to...