Skip to main content

Israel & Italy

Israel
When we left Jerusalem, we rented a car and headed west (towards the West Bank to be exact).  This part of our 17 day trip was probably my favorite.  There was more nature, activities, and relaxation.  


Tyler Jerrell and I hiking in the desert of Israel

with Alyssa Jerrell at En Gedi Falls
At 4:00am, we hiked to the top of Masada at to watch the sun rise over the Dead Sea.  
The top of Masada is where the siege by the Roman Empire ended in the mass suicide
 of the 960 Jewish rebels on top of the mountain


Although Israel wasn't on my bucket list, it did allow for a chance to cross a few things off and made for some great memories.

RIDE A CAMEL
I think I have my favorite Disney movie, Aladdin, to thank for wanting to put this on my bucket list since I was 5.



SWIM IN THE DEAD SEA
Ever since I learned in history class that you could float effortlessly...

with Alyssa Jerrell

Mud Bath before a swim! Made our skin SO SOFT!

ITALY
I have always wanted to go to Italy!! It's such a diverse country with so much to offer we could have spent our entire vacation just in this country! All we were able to see was ROME....which of course, if you know me by now, my toes are wet but I want all in when it comes to this country! A serious dent in the bucket list (ha, like that could ever happen!)

  VISIT THE COLOSSEUM


MAKE A WISH IN THE TREVI FOUNTAIN
(To ensure a return to Rome)....

SEE THE VATICAN and SISTINE CHAPEL

 WALK THE SPANISH STEPS
We did even better, we enjoyed a great bottle of wine on the Spanish Steps


EAT PASTA IN ITALY
This goes without saying, it's like fresh sushi in Japan, bratwurst in Germany, or even crab cakes in Maryland.... Eating the food that place is known for.  We waited for our last night of vacation for a nice dinner.  We ordered carpaccio (thanks to working 3 years at an Italian restaurant I knew what this was),  prosciutto wrapped melon, and I ordered Fettuccine Bolognese (I like simple, no surprises when it comes to ordering).  I have never in my life had homemade pasta before; it was life-changing.  I was also craving two things which they didn't serve: a caesar salad (apparently created in California) & creme brulee, which my sister informed me is "obviously French."  Shows what I learned working at an Italian restaurant!!!

Words cannot express the experience we all shared together as brothers & sisters.  I am beyond thankful and blessed for this opportunity.  We will always laugh and reminisce on the memories we made together.  Thank you Mom & Dad, it truly was the best gift I have ever received.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing My Inner Southern Belle in Kentucky

When I first moved to "The South" I remember thinking how phony everything was and feeling very out of place.  Southern culture seemed overwhelming and ridiculous.  Everywhere I turned there was a church,  an overly friendly female in a floral printed dress, and people saying "Bless your heart." I soon discovered that there was nothing "phony" or "ridiculous" about this different way of life.  I realized people in The South were actually genuine; down to their hospitality, faith, and their love for family and small towns. Over the past 15 years, I have come to fall in love with The South and everything it has to offer... Sweat Tea Front Porches The Weather Authentic Faith Pig Pickins, Fried &Comfort Food Slower Pace of Life Country Music & Country Accents Manners and Opened Doors Bow Ties and Seer Sucker Suits Ranch on Everything Monograms and Pearls College Football I could go on!! Seriously, what's not to

If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plan

Get a Real Job      T here are some things I want to accomplish in my life, but they are not necessarily "Bucket List material"...  they are things that I "assume" I will do, including buy a house, get married, have children, etc.   I never thought "Get a real job" would ever be on my bucket list...but it has been since I graduated from college and assumed I would have one.  I don't have any control over our country's economy & the fact that when I graduated all the hospitals were cutting back and the first thing to cut was recreational therapists due to reimbursement issues at the time.    "Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you respond to it."  -Lou Holtz.         I jumped right into what I really wanted to do: Physical Therapy, by looking into schools that I was interested in...only coming to realize I should have spent waaaayyy more nights at Joyner Library instead of downtown Greenville.  I decided to attend Nash Com

A Bird's Eye View

GO ZIP LINING      Asheville, North Carolina.  If you have never been I highly recommend it.  Good food, good beer & wine, and a laid back atmosphere with just enough to do to keep you busy.  It's not officially on my bucket list, but I have always wanted to take a weekend trip with Kenny for a couple years now.  For whatever reason we quickly run out of time in the fall/early winter to go.  For my graduation gift from PTA school, Kenny's parents gave me zip-lining tickets & Biltmore tickets for my birthday.  To " Go Zip-lining " has been on my bucket list since I got a small dose of it on a ropes course in one of my recreational classes in college.  When they told me about this place just north of Asheville I was all in. So, we finally planned our trip for late October!!        Zip-lining originated from Costa Rica as botanists needed a way to study plants in the rain forest from above ground-level.  It is currently becoming a "new" outdoor recr