Skip to main content

Hot Chicken & Boots

Visit Nashville, Tennessee  10.8.15-10.12.15

There's nothing better than a girls' weekend- lounging, chatting, champagne, brunch, laughing til you are in pain, going out on the town, and making unforgettable memories.  A good girls' weekend always reminds me how lucky I am to have such amazing friends in my life, and how fun being in your 20's is.  We are living the best moments of our life, and this epic weekend in Nashville was no exception.

We spontaneously booked our tickets and we were ready to see what this southern city had to offer!!   The beginning of the weekend was extra special for me, as we had just found out we were expecting! There was no way I was getting through the long weekend "faking" it, so I decided to grab coffee for everyone before our flight....

We rented a place off airbnb for the weekend.  It was in historic old Midtown area, approximately 2 miles from Broadway Street.  We loved this area as we had plenty of bars, restaurants, coffee shops that were right across from where we stayed and we were just a cheap Uber ride away from downtown Nashville!

Our itinerary was perfect, plenty of jam packed days with some relaxation factored into it.  We were up early to get the most out of our day and most nights I actually think we were in bed by midnight, you can tell we are approaching 30! It was perfect.  Here are some of my personal favorite moments from this epic girls' weekend in Nashville!
with Holly Johnson
I love the adrenaline you have when you get off the plane in a new city! We were so excited, happy and ready to see what this unique city had to offer.
with Leslie Blanchard, Holly Johnson and Suzanna Nichols
We waited two hours to eat at The Loveless Cafe,  which is well-known for their southern food. Many of the ingredients are farmed and produced in Tennessee, and all menu items are made from scratch.  Just one bite of their biscuits made the wait completely worth it!
Holly Johnson, Leslie Blanchard, Suzanna Nichols
We did a food tour around Nashville, which included the history of the city, famous cuisine, and drinks that Nashville is known for.  This is the Bushwacker, the few sips I snuck were sinfully delicious, tough time to pregnant.  Here is the recipe for the famous Nashville drink!
4 oz cream of coconut
2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1 oz Bacardi® black rum
1 oz dark creme de cacao/
4 oz milk
Combine ingredients with two cups of ice in a blender. Blend until smooth, and serve up in two 12 oz cups.

with Suzanna Nichols
My favorite day was the day it rained off and on.  We posted up in bars along Broadway street allllll day and just listened to live country music.  I was in HEAVEN!!!!!  Everyone was so talented, and it just doesn't get any better than country music on a cozy day!
with Leslie Blanchard
And of course, my favorite hobby- BRUNCH! (Don't worry, it's a grapefruit mocktail) 
with Leslie Blanchard & Suzanna Nichols
Our last night was a Sunday night, and it ended up being better than I had expected.  Leslie (leader of the itinerary, with her Nashville journal) made us go to The Bluebird Cafe for Songwriters' Night.  We stood in line for 2 hours, and she ended up being right- It was completely worth it!  It was an evening full of songwriters performing the songs they wrote, hoping to make it big!  I have so much respect for songwriters now, they were unbelievably talented! I guess I never realized all the hard work that goes into writing a song, and we place so much emphasis on the "star/whoever ends up singing the song" as opposed to the songwriter.  I have even more respect for those who write their own songs now!! HIGHLY recommend Songwriters' Night (every Sunday, 8pm-11pm) at The Bluebird Cafe when you are in Nashville!

Nashville, you definitely stole my heart!  With all your country music, southern food, and friendly folk it's no wonder you remain one of the fastest growing cities on the east coast!  Thanks for the memories :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing My Inner Southern Belle in Kentucky

When I first moved to "The South" I remember thinking how phony everything was and feeling very out of place.  Southern culture seemed overwhelming and ridiculous.  Everywhere I turned there was a church,  an overly friendly female in a floral printed dress, and people saying "Bless your heart." I soon discovered that there was nothing "phony" or "ridiculous" about this different way of life.  I realized people in The South were actually genuine; down to their hospitality, faith, and their love for family and small towns. Over the past 15 years, I have come to fall in love with The South and everything it has to offer... Sweat Tea Front Porches The Weather Authentic Faith Pig Pickins, Fried &Comfort Food Slower Pace of Life Country Music & Country Accents Manners and Opened Doors Bow Ties and Seer Sucker Suits Ranch on Everything Monograms and Pearls College Football I could go on!! Seriously, what's not to

If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plan

Get a Real Job      T here are some things I want to accomplish in my life, but they are not necessarily "Bucket List material"...  they are things that I "assume" I will do, including buy a house, get married, have children, etc.   I never thought "Get a real job" would ever be on my bucket list...but it has been since I graduated from college and assumed I would have one.  I don't have any control over our country's economy & the fact that when I graduated all the hospitals were cutting back and the first thing to cut was recreational therapists due to reimbursement issues at the time.    "Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you respond to it."  -Lou Holtz.         I jumped right into what I really wanted to do: Physical Therapy, by looking into schools that I was interested in...only coming to realize I should have spent waaaayyy more nights at Joyner Library instead of downtown Greenville.  I decided to attend Nash Com

A Bird's Eye View

GO ZIP LINING      Asheville, North Carolina.  If you have never been I highly recommend it.  Good food, good beer & wine, and a laid back atmosphere with just enough to do to keep you busy.  It's not officially on my bucket list, but I have always wanted to take a weekend trip with Kenny for a couple years now.  For whatever reason we quickly run out of time in the fall/early winter to go.  For my graduation gift from PTA school, Kenny's parents gave me zip-lining tickets & Biltmore tickets for my birthday.  To " Go Zip-lining " has been on my bucket list since I got a small dose of it on a ropes course in one of my recreational classes in college.  When they told me about this place just north of Asheville I was all in. So, we finally planned our trip for late October!!        Zip-lining originated from Costa Rica as botanists needed a way to study plants in the rain forest from above ground-level.  It is currently becoming a "new" outdoor recr