Skip to main content

Making the Best of Plan B

Attend an NFL Game
I can't believe I haven't crossed this off my list yet! My husband actually hasn't either and I always enjoy when things we want to do or places we want to go seem to line up perfectly.  Growing up, my family and I attended the Florida Gator football games and college football has always been more captivating to me.  I enjoy watching NFL games, but I don't follow it as much as I do college.  When I moved to North Carolina, I decided to start rooting for the home team, which was the Carolina Panthers.  I am still not a great fan and the games don't make or break me but they are who I pull for.  

At the beginning of every football season, we always talk about going to a game but with the fall being so busy, we blink and it's December.  For our 4-Year Anniversary this year, I decided to purchase them for an early weekend in the season.  
We always do the "traditional gifts" for our anniversary.  This year was a tough one, "Fruit and Flowers", but I got creative and was pretty excited to give my gift!

Unfortunately, our babysitter plans fell through and our plans for what was supposed to be a "day date" ended up being a family outing, Plan B.   We still had a great time, we just had to make some minor accommodations for our 16 month son.  We arrived in Charlotte at the start of the game (and smack in the middle of nap time). Fortunately, Holden had slept for a small portion of the 3-hour drive and he was ready to get out of his car seat.  We had the perfect parking spot that backed up to some dirt/sticks/rocks/leaves and we enjoyed tailgating just the two of us as our boy ran off some energy.  
By the time we walked to the game, purchased some pork nachos, and found our seats, it was already halftime (which was fine as we knew he wouldn't make it the whole game).  As you can imagine, most of our focus was on entertaining our child as opposed to actually watching the game.  
He was such a trooper, but there is no way you can possibly take a child to a football game and simultaneously enjoy it, unless they are equally as invested as you are.  In our case, it worked out and as I previously stated, the win or loss wasn't going to make or break our day.  No way I would ever take him to a game that I was invested in, I would rather resort to "Plan C" and not even go.

The game versus the Buffalo Bills wasn't super thrilling ,offensively speaking, as we were only able to see a field goal by each team in the 4th quarter.  The final score was Panthers-9, Bills-3.  I will mention that Luke Kuechly looked even more fabulous in person and it was exciting that we won!  It could have been our "nose bleeds" seats but the volume and intensity of fans and the stadium was less than I expected.  The Swamp is definitely more rowdy than Bank of America stadium (as experienced only by this one game).
Clearly he was so over it haha
I definitely want to go to more games, next time without my kid and maybe even taking off Monday from work.  "Plan B" did have it's perks and I am thankful that we able to experience our first NFL game together as a family. GO PANTHERS!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing My Inner Southern Belle in Kentucky

When I first moved to "The South" I remember thinking how phony everything was and feeling very out of place.  Southern culture seemed overwhelming and ridiculous.  Everywhere I turned there was a church,  an overly friendly female in a floral printed dress, and people saying "Bless your heart." I soon discovered that there was nothing "phony" or "ridiculous" about this different way of life.  I realized people in The South were actually genuine; down to their hospitality, faith, and their love for family and small towns. Over the past 15 years, I have come to fall in love with The South and everything it has to offer... Sweat Tea Front Porches The Weather Authentic Faith Pig Pickins, Fried &Comfort Food Slower Pace of Life Country Music & Country Accents Manners and Opened Doors Bow Ties and Seer Sucker Suits Ranch on Everything Monograms and Pearls College Football I could go on!! Seriously, what's not to

If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plan

Get a Real Job      T here are some things I want to accomplish in my life, but they are not necessarily "Bucket List material"...  they are things that I "assume" I will do, including buy a house, get married, have children, etc.   I never thought "Get a real job" would ever be on my bucket list...but it has been since I graduated from college and assumed I would have one.  I don't have any control over our country's economy & the fact that when I graduated all the hospitals were cutting back and the first thing to cut was recreational therapists due to reimbursement issues at the time.    "Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you respond to it."  -Lou Holtz.         I jumped right into what I really wanted to do: Physical Therapy, by looking into schools that I was interested in...only coming to realize I should have spent waaaayyy more nights at Joyner Library instead of downtown Greenville.  I decided to attend Nash Com

A Bird's Eye View

GO ZIP LINING      Asheville, North Carolina.  If you have never been I highly recommend it.  Good food, good beer & wine, and a laid back atmosphere with just enough to do to keep you busy.  It's not officially on my bucket list, but I have always wanted to take a weekend trip with Kenny for a couple years now.  For whatever reason we quickly run out of time in the fall/early winter to go.  For my graduation gift from PTA school, Kenny's parents gave me zip-lining tickets & Biltmore tickets for my birthday.  To " Go Zip-lining " has been on my bucket list since I got a small dose of it on a ropes course in one of my recreational classes in college.  When they told me about this place just north of Asheville I was all in. So, we finally planned our trip for late October!!        Zip-lining originated from Costa Rica as botanists needed a way to study plants in the rain forest from above ground-level.  It is currently becoming a "new" outdoor recr